We welcome the opportunity to host your special event.
Tryon Palace venues offer charm, beauty, modern amenities, professional planning, and choices of affordability, whether your event is a grand wedding with reception following, an intimate gathering,
Located on the Trent River within historic New Bern, Tryon Palace is within walking distance of this charming city’s restaurants, hotels, B&Bs, shops and historic landmarks, and is conveniently just 5 miles from Coastal Carolina Regional Airport – and 30 miles from the Crystal Coast and some of the most beautiful beaches on the East Coast.
With 22 acres of gardens, landscaped grounds and waterfront property, Tryon Palace offers indoor and outdoor venues throughout the historic site and at the North Carolina History Center. Whether your event is black tie or casual, the professional staff of Tryon Palace welcomes the opportunity to meet with you and suggest appropriate venues, tour the grounds and buildings available, and guide you from beginning to end to produce a successful and unforgettable occasion.
Tryon Palace is the premier destination for…
- Weddings, receptions, and rehearsal dinners
- Business meetings, seminars, and lectures
- Corporate dinners and VIP receptions
- Garden parties
- Awards ceremonies and banquets
- Anniversary and birthday celebration
- Concerts and theatrical performances
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Professional staff to guide and assist with planning
- Venues with impressive and extraordinary views
- Beautiful garden locations
- Quaint historic home settings
- Most outdoor venues accommodate tents, power, and lighting needs
- Ample adjacent parking
- State-of-the-art catering kitchen
- Convenient access to historic downtown New Bern and charming restaurants and shops
- Nearby accommodations, including historic local B&Bs
- Rentable Selfie Station for some venues
- Museum exhibit and gallery access to enhance your event
Whether you desire a palatial setting or one bursting with color in the gardens, Tryon Palace is a favorite backdrop for bridal portraits, military ceremonies, and other special moments, and we encourage it! If interested in scheduling a photography session at Tryon Palace, please contact us and make a reservation. There is a fee involved for photography sessions. Visit our Photography Policies page for more information.