Cook House

c. 1945

A postwar minimal revival cottage, the original owner was Edna Avery Cook.  Cook was a member of First Baptist Church of New Bern and the author of a history of the church from 1809-1984. The home was purchased from Cook’s son-in-law, Robert A. Ipock, by the Tryon Palace Council of Friends in 1997. In 2000, ownership was transferred to the State of North Carolina.