Named for John Harold Talton, a long-time supporter and trustee of the Kellenberger Historical Foundation, and member of the Tryon Palace Commission from 1993 to 2004. For his many contributions to New Bern, he received the Citizen of the Year award in 1988, and the Order of the Longleaf Pine in 2004.
Currently shown in this Gallery is a small portion of the original Barbour Boat Exhibit. Barbour Boats was founded by Herbert Barbour in 1932 and closed in 1997. Originally building only wooden boats, the company began building naval craft during World War II. One of its wooden boats, a 16’ 1960 Silver Clipper, is on exhibit. The boat builder has a special connection with New Bern and Tryon Palace, as the company once operated on the Trent River where the North Carolina History Center now stands.