The second night of the 35th annual Tryon Palace Candlelight Christmas Celebration Saturday, Dec. 19, has sold out. Tickets for the inside of the Palace and historic homes are no longer available, but those who still want to experience Candlelight this year may purchase Special Event Passes at the Waystation beginning at 4:30 p.m. Saturday night. Special Event Passes will grant visitors access to all of the outdoor Candlelight activities but not to the interior tours of the Governor’s Palace or historic homes.
The outdoor activities available to those with Gardens Passes include:
- Dancing and music from Jonkonnu
- Circus acts (fire eating, sword swallowing, acrobatics) from the Pickled Brothers Circus
- Historical interpretations
- 18th-century magic tricks from Levram the Great
- Hot cider and ginger snaps
- Black powder fireworks on the South Lawn
- And much more!
Special Event Passes are $6 for adults and $3 for children grades 1-12.