Gertrude Carraway Library
The Carraway Library was named in honor of Gertrude Sprague Carraway (1896-1993) who led the effort to restore Tryon Palace and served as its first director. For over forty years, the Carraway Library has been a continuing resource for Tryon Palace staff, volunteers, and visiting researchers.
The library consists of over 5,000 secondary sources. Subjects include regional and national history, fine and decorative arts, material culture, horticulture, and architecture. These materials are non-circulating and are available by appointment.